Here are the slides from my presentation at the EmberSC meetup on 2/17/16 on Ember Data and Custom APIs.
Are you struggling with Ember Data?
What You'll Learn
- Review the differences between normalization and serialization
- Understand how the built-in adapters and serializers in Ember Data
- Understand how the built-in adapters and serializers in Ember Data work
- Customize adapters and serializers to consume any API and write them from scratch
- Handle API errors in Ember Data
- Work with the Reddit API using Ember Data
- Learn how to use polymorphic relationships
I've been enjoying @iamdtang's Pro Ember Data book. It's to the point and has lots of great examples. My favorite part was about error handling. This book is perfect after you've exhausted the official guides.
Product Developer at Applied Geographics
Pro Ember Data is such an approachable book @iamdtang! Good job. Loving the book so far! Thank you!
Software Engineer at Heroku
Great to see all those topics in which I struggled when I started working on Ember. Nice job, will check it out :)
I haven't read David's new book, but his previous Ember Data book helped me a lot when I was starting out with Ember, so I am sure this book is a must if you're working with Ember Data!
Ember Learning Core Team member
I bought Ember Data in the Wild back in 2016 and found it really helpful. Looking forward to reading this.
Ember related news by Chris Masters